Appointment bookings are required for passport applications and notarial services.
Please arrive 5 minutes prior to appointments for security screening. There may be additional waiting time if you arrive late.
Bookings can be made one month in advance. Please do not book more than one appointment, and check your email for notification of cancellations or alternative appointment times.
Please ensure you select the correct type of service when you make the appointment. If you select the wrong service, we may not be able to help at your appointment time.
Appointments during severe weather
Severe weather may cause delays or closure at the Consulate office, especially during May to November.
If you have an appointment during an unexpected office closure or severe weather event that prevents you from attending your appointment, the passport and consular team will contact you to reschedule your appointment.
Amber, Red or Black Rain
For your safety and that of our staff, the office will not open if a Black Rain signal is in force at our normal opening time. When a Black Rain signal is lowered, it may take up to an hour to open and we may operate at a reduced capacity due to staff absences.
Once opened, the office will remain in operation during all rain signals. We will do our best to serve you as soon as possible if you are delayed because of the weather.
Typhoon Signal 8
For your safety and that of our staff, we will not open if a Storm Signal No. 8 or higher is in force during normal opening hours and where it remains in force after 1pm. We will attempt to resume normal operations as quickly as possible if the storm signal is lowered before 1pm.
In all other circumstances, we will remain open until the Hong Kong Observatory indicates that a Storm Signal No. 8 or higher is expected to be raised. If this happens, we will finish serving current appointments before closing the Consulate. We are not always able to contact all clients to advise that we are closed, but will attempt to do this where possible.
Visit the Hong Kong Observatory website for more information on Tropical Cyclones.
Appointments are available for the following services:
- Passport applications - adult and child
- Passport applications - adult and child in Macau. Please visit our Consular Visits to Macau page for further information.
- Notarial services in Hong Kong
Appointments are not required/available for the following services:
- Enquiries - please email/phone or visit the front desk 9am - 5pm Monday - Friday
- Emergency passport applications - more information here
We are unable to provide notarial services for visa and migration purposes. Please refer to the Visa and Migration page of our website for further information.
How to book your appointment
Book your appointments here.
Steps to booking:
- Select the service you require.
- You will automatically be forwarded to the next available appointment. You may select a date or time up to two months in advance. First select the date on the calendar then choose the time.
- Enter your information. We ask you to list an email address and a phone number so that you can receive appointment reminders and we can contact you if necessary.
- Agree to our cancellation policy. If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, please refer to instructions below.
- Visit the Consulate at your designated booking time.
Cancelling or rescheduling an appointment
You will receive an appointment cancellation/modification link each time you book an appointment at the Consulate. The Consulate sends email notifications when an appointment is booked. It will appear as per below:
To cancel an appointment, please click the "Cancel Appointment" link and you will receive a message on a new tab asking you to confirm cancellation.
To modify an appointment, please click the "Reschedule" link. You will receive a message on a new tab allowing you to reschedule your appointment.
Enquiries: [email protected]
Current fees are available here.
The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade is not responsible for any loss or damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the online appointment booking system. The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade reserves the right to omit, suspend or edit all information and/or services provided at any time in its sole discretion without giving any reason or prior notice. You are responsible for keeping apprised of all information and/or services provided in this booking system.