The Australian Consulate-General in Hong Kong is now providing very limited passport and notarial services by appointments only.
Temporary Passport Arrangements during COVID-19 Pandemic:
Digital upload function on the Australian Passport Office website
From 3 March 2022 to 22 April 2022, customers will be able to upload their application via the Australian Passport Office website.
Please refer to the Passport Digital Upload webpage for details.
We now offer free passport delivery to Hong Kong and Macau. Ask our staff for more details at your next appointment.
Applications for Australian passports must be lodged in person. Children under 16 years do not need to attend interviews. You will need to make an appointment. We will only see you in exceptional circumstances without an appointment.
Please select the appointment type matching your application. To lodge two applications at the same time, select 2 Passport applications or for three applications, select 3 Passport applications. Please contact us in advance if you are applying for more than three passports at the same time. Take care to make correct selection as this may affect our ability to complete your application during the appointed time.
Please note that appointments are normally booked out up to 3 weeks in advance. Keep this in mind when making your travel plans.
More information including booking policy is available here.
Passport application types
- Adult passport, renewal (simplified renewal form)
- Adult passport, apply for their first passport, first adult passport or not able to use simplified renewal form
- Adult passport, apply for a passport in a new name
- Adult passport, apply for a concurrent passport
- Child passport (under 18 years of age), apply for their first passport or renewals
- Contact Us
- Emergency Passports
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Lost and Stolen Passport
- Online feedback form
- Macau consular and passport visit
- Passport Application Information List
- Passport fees
- Passport photo guidelines
- Passport validity and foreign visas
- Processing times, delivery and priority service
- Who needs to attend the interview and what to expect
You can now submit feedback to us on our Consular, Notarial and Passport services by completing our online feedback form. Click here for more information.
The Australian Passport Office has commissioned a new series of videos about apply for and using an Australian passport. The videos are available for viewing at the following link: www.youtube.com/playlist