Australian Consulate-General
Hong Kong
Also accredited to Macau

Passports: Lost and Stolen Passport

If you believe you have lost your Australian Passport, or if it has been stolen, you should report this as soon as possible. You can do this:

  • by calling us on 2827 8881 during business hours; OR

  • in person at our office. 

You are required by law to report the loss or theft of your passport as soon as possible.

Please see important information on lost and stolen passports.

What should I do now?

We recommend that you obtain a police report as proof of the loss or theft of your passport. A police report may also be required by your travel insurance.

To apply for a replacement you will need to use the full application form (PC8 Form) as if you are applying for a first passport. You cannot use the simplified renewal form. If you cannot meet the requirements for a new full-validity passport, and you need to travel urgently, you can apply for an emergency passport. Strict conditions apply.

You will need to make an appointment which can be booked here.    Please select Lost or Stolen passport under Passport services.